1099 Navy Way | North Charleston, SC 29405
The Gatekeepers Inn at Quarters F is a late Victorian-era cottage for the keeper of Chicora Park, a public park commissioned in 1895 by the City of Charleston and designed by the Olmsted brothers. Constructed in 1898, the residence was purchased by the United States Navy for the Admiral until a larger home was completed. Quarters F is the oldest quarters in the historic officer’s housing district.
This venue is a beautiful four-bedroom, six-bathroom residence, featuring a large dining room, sitting room, morning porch, music room and solarium overlooking the grounds to the Chapel. The home is available for overnight stays and small functions.
$2500.00 per night (entire house)
Deposit: 50% of rental fee – due at signing of Contract.
$1000.00 Damage Fee (to be returned after stay)
$100.00 Clean-up fee
Checks, Visa, Mastercard – Make checks payable to the City of North Charleston
4- Bedrooms / 3 Full Baths 3 Half Restroom
Capacity for sleeping 8; capacity for reception 100 downstairs only.
Furniture – do not move any furnishing
License agreement attached
Vendors for events held a The Inn
It is required that all pre-approved event coordinators, caterers and floral services provide the appropriate license (City of North Charleston Business License) and insurance documentations to the City of North Charleston prior to the final review. All vendors and service contractors are responsible for clean-up and removal of their equipment, food, and garbage immediately following any events. (Per venue requirements)
Rental Regulations For Inns:
Check In Rules And Regulations
1. Check in time is between 3PM and 5PM. Please note check-in does not begin before the designated time. Keys can be picked up at the office. 1311 Navy Way, North Charleston, SC 29405. Keys can only be retrieved by the person whose name is on the contract, this is for security purposes.
2. Guests are not allowed to park in rental property after load in, you are asked to park your vehicles in designated areas – see lot location in packet.
3. Staff does have the right to refuse admittance and/or discontinue occupancy if in staff’s opinion, such action is in the best interest of the property.
4. Guest must be at least 21 years of age to reserve a rental or pick up the keys unless otherwise specified by the agency. The City of North Charleston reserves the right to refuse admittance and/or discontinue occupancy if, in the staff’s opinion such action is the interest of the Property.
Check Out Rules And Regulations
1. Check out is 11AM.
Guests must return key to the office upon departure, usually there will be staff on premises at check out, unless other arrangements have been made.
2. Upon check out guests are responsible for:
Placing all trash in outside trash containers.
Washing any used dishes, utensils and glassware
Stripping all linens and placing together in separate pile from the towels.
3. After departure guests will not be allowed back in the house, lost items will be collected, and you will be notified.
4. Damage deposits are refunded within 30 days of departure date.
During Your Stay Rules And Regulations
1. We do provide linens, this includes bath towels, wash cloths for every guest, sheets and pillow with cases for all beds. Clean linens and towels will be in place upon arrival. If extra linens are required, please notify staff.
2. Rental includes:
Dishes (excluding those that are on display in hutches), tableware, glasses, some paper products for those staying at the house. This is not inclusive of any events, glassware, tableware will need to be rented for the event. Coffee maker, warmers, toaster and refrigeration. Catering is allowed. No cooking is allowed only by a caterer.
3. In the event of mechanical failure, please notify staff. Contact information is in the packet provided. Every attempt will be made to resolve any issues in a timely manner. No refunds will be given.
4. Wi-Fi is available, and password is in the packet. A television is in the common area.
5. Elevator are not to be used for play by children.
6. We always advise all guests to keep doors locked. The City of North Charleston will not be responsible for acts of theft, vandalism or damages to guest’s personal property or items left in rooms. Items found after the guest checks out will be contacted.
7. Only pre-approved events to be held in the house which are approved within the contract prior to check-in.
8. Guests are not allowed to move or rearrange décor in the house, unless pre-approved by staff and done by staff.
9. Staff can enter premises at any time.
10. No smoking in house or on premises
11. No pets allowed.
Reservation Rules And Regulations
1. Balance of rental payment are due 30 days prior to check in. Payments can be made by check, VISA or Mastercard. Rates are subject to change. Checks made payable to the City of North Charleston
2. Cancellations: Reservations must be cancelled at least 30 days prior to check in and preferably in writing via email, non-refunds apply for cancellations 30 days before check-in.
3. Weather related interruptions. If a State of Emergency is declared and a mandatory evacuation, or interferes with your ability of renting, rescheduling is an option and/or refunds can be disbursed 30 days after scheduled stay.
4. Damage Deposits: $1000 deposit is required with signed contract. Damage deposits are refunded within 30 days after departure.
5. Reservations made for the following Year: Guest can hold a reservation for the following year with a $500 deposit fee. This fee will apply to the $1000 damage deposit. Due at signing the contract.
6. After – hours contact will be in your package received at check-in.
7. AUDIO/MUSIC: Based on the City of North Charleston Ordinances we honor the noise ordinance which is 11PM.
8. Parking For Guests: There is no parking on premises and no charge for parking. All parking is located at the brick parking lot and or the chapel lots. You may drop off your belongings and then park the car. Limited handicap parking is on site at the inn.
KEEP ALL AUTOS LOCKED
In case of emergency: Fire, medical, suspicious activity always call 911
Event Rental Regulations For Inns
1. Tables need protection please cover all in use
2. No inside furnishing to be removed and taken outside.
3. Linens, tableware, glassware and florals – Clients responsibility
4. Events to end by 10pm
It is required that all pre-approved event coordinators, caterers and bar services provide the appropriate license (City of North Charleston Business License) and insurance documentations to the management of the property prior to the final review. All vendors and service contractors are responsible for clean-up and removal of their equipment, food, bar supplies and garbage.
Alcohol may not be served to minors or anyone appearing too intoxicated. The South Carolina Alcohol Beverage and Control Board requires that all alcohol must be supplied by a professional bar service with the necessary licenses and liability insurance. Upon signing this agreement, the client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of North Charleston and employees of the city from alcoholic beverages by the client and any of the client’s guests.
Vendor loading area will be in the rear of the venue, they may not access the elevator for load-in, only thru the stairs leading up to the kitchen. After load in vendors and their employees are to park in the rear of the grounds in the designated area.
Want to rent or reserve a facility at Riverfront Park?
Call 843-308-4746 or email email@example.com.