North Charleston Wannamaker County Park is a nature-oriented park designed for family and group use. It offers over 1,015 acres of beautiful woodlands and wetlands, and provides guests with a variety of activities. Miles of paved trails allow for exploration of the area’s beautiful natural resources. Picnic sites with grills are located throughout the park for your enjoyment.
- Two playgrounds – the Tot-Lot and Fun Lot
- 7.7 acres of grassy open meadows
- Off-leash dog park
- Large play hill
- 2 miles of paved trails for walking, biking, and skating
- Seasonal sprinkler water play area
- Park center with snack bar, shaded porch, restrooms, and large patio
- Picnic sites with tables and grills
- Park office to provide information and passes
- Sand volleyball court
- Horseshoe pits
- Special events and concerts
Amenities available for reasonable costs:
- Whirlin’ Waters Adventure Waterpark is a fantastic seasonal waterpark where kids and adults alike will have a great time!
- Rent a bicycle and ride the trails, or explore the 5-acre lagoon system with two islands in a rented pedal boat or kayak.
- Covered shelter and meeting and reception facilities are available for rental as well.