The North Charleston City Gallery features two-dimensional works by international, national, and local artists in a variety of subjects and mediums. Exhibits are rotated on a monthly basis and may feature two or more artists concurrently. In addition to monthly exhibits, the gallery displays prints, note cards, jewelry, and other fine craft items by local artists, which are available for sale.
The gallery is situated in two corridors of the northwest corner of the Charleston Area Convention Center, located at 5001 Coliseum Drive in North Charleston. This location offers great exposure for artists seeking to reach local patrons and out-of-state visitors of this multi-use facility.
The public is welcome to view exhibitions from 9:00am-5:00pm, daily. Parking and admission are free. Gallery staff is on hand to provide information and manage sales on Tuesdays from Noon-5:00pm, Wednesdays from 11:00am-5:00pm, Thursdays, from 11:00am-7:30pm, and Fridays from 11:00am-5:00pm.
Artists have the option of hosting a public reception at the gallery for their exhibition. These receptions are generally held on the first Thursday of each month from 5-7pm, and are free and open to the public.
How to Exhibit Your Work
Individual artists and groups are welcome to submit an application to exhibit original works in this exciting venue. Exhibits are programmed one year in advance according to fiscal year. Artists interested in exhibiting in the gallery for fiscal year July 2019-June 2020 should submit an application between September 1 and November 30, 2018.The application is now available through SlideRoom.
2018/19 Exhibition Schedule
- JULY – Thomas Pickarski (photography) & Rachel Jones (watercolor)
- AUGUST – Women of Expressive Abstracts (group show – mixed media)
- SEPTEMBER – Chen Denke (digital illustration/animation) & Valerie Powell (acrylic & ink on shrinky dink)
- OCTOBER – W.A.M. (Women. Artists. Mentors) (group show – mixed media)
- NOVEMBER – Lara Ivanovic (oil on canvas) & Jennifer Hoskins (colored pencil & acrylic)
- DECEMBER – Richard Amble (photography) & North Charleston Artist-in-Residence Quintin Chaplin
- JANUARY – Richard Amble (photography) & North Charleston Artist-in-Residence Quintin Chaplin
- FEBRUARY – Art Quilters of the Lowcountry (group show – fiber)
- MARCH – Dana Kotler (oil on canvas) & O. Gustavo Plascencia (photography with mixed media)
- APRIL – Steven Bleicher (mixed media) & Elizabeth / Sidebotham (mixed media)
- MAY – 2019 North Charleston Arts Fest Design Competition Winner (TBD)
- JUNE – Kathryn Jill Johnson (graphite, acrylic & oil) & Courtney Sparks (mixed media)