The North Charleston City Gallery features two-dimensional works by national, regional, and local artists in a variety of subjects and mediums. Exhibits are rotated on a monthly basis and may feature two or more artists concurrently. In addition to monthly exhibits, the gallery displays prints, note cards, jewelry, and other fine craft items by local artists, which are available for sale.
The gallery is situated in two corridors of the Charleston Area Convention Center, located at 5001 Coliseum Drive in North Charleston. The exhibition space is at the northwest corner of the Convention Center adjacent to the Coliseum, facing International Boulevard. This location offers great exposure for artists seeking to reach local patrons and out-of-state visitors of this multi-use facility.
The public is welcome to view exhibitions from 9:00am-5:00pm, daily. Parking and admission are free. Gallery staff is on hand to provide information and manage sales on Tuesdays from Noon-5:00pm, Wednesdays from 11:00am-5:00pm, Thursdays, from 11:00am-7:30pm, and Fridays from 11:00am-5:00pm.
Artists have the option of hosting a public reception at the gallery for their exhibition. These receptions are generally held on the first Thursday of each month from 5-7pm, and are free and open to the public.
How to Exhibit Your Work
Individual artists and groups are welcome to submit an application to exhibit original works in this exciting venue. Exhibits are programmed one year in advance according to fiscal year. Artists interested in exhibiting in the gallery for fiscal year July 2020-June 2021 should submit an application between September 2 and November 30, 2019.The application is now available through SlideRoom.
2019/20 Exhibition Schedule
- JULY – Leslie Burns (lumen prints) & Carla Johannesmeyer (oil)
- AUGUST – Dirty Palette Ladies (group show – watercolor)
- SEPTEMBER – Vik Hart (acrylic/mixed media) & Pascale Bilgis (acrylic with ceramic)
- OCTOBER – Christy Aitken (oil/mixed media) & Liz McKay (mixed media)
- NOVEMBER – Summerville Artist Guild (group show – mixed media)
- DECEMBER – Jenion Tyson (photography) & North Charleston Artist-in-Residence Katherine Hester
- JANUARY – Jenion Tyson (photography) & North Charleston Artist-in-Residence Katherine Hester
- FEBRUARY – Ali Leja (mixed media) & Lori Starnes Isom (acrylic)
- MARCH – Dawnita Hall (photography) & Nicole Robinson (photography)
- APRIL – South Carolina Watermedia Society **CANCELLED**
- MAY – 2020 North Charleston Arts Fest Design Competition Winner, Christine Bush Roman
- JUNE – Paige Feigley (paper collage) & Scott Wallace (acrylic/mixed media)