North Charleston event space near the banks of the
Cooper River at Riverfront Park
Quarters K was built in 1937 as Charleston Naval Base housing for officer families. Four identical homes were built near the bank of the Cooper River. The design of the living quarters mimics that of homes built near the Panama Canal during the early 20th Century. The layout of the interior included 3 upstairs bedrooms and 2 baths, and a distinctive “T” shape living area through the center of the home with large windows completely throughout the entire house.
The City of North Charleston acquired the property in 2013 and immediately began redesigning and creating a venue space for weddings, receptions, business meetings, and retreats. Today, Quarters K features a full commercial kitchen and fully equipped bar area, and the entire space can be configured to meet specific needs of any event.
- Monday – Sunday – $2500 per day
- 50% of rental fee
- $500 Damage fee – to be returned after the event
- Checks to be made payable to the City of North Charleston
Quarters K venue Includes
- Tables and chairs – for inside only
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen
- Fully equipped bar area
- Restrooms – upstairs and downstairs
- Grounds surrounding Quarters K including the patio
- Capacity – Sit down style 110, cocktail – mingling inside 125 with the possibility of 200+/- outside
- Audio surround sound, inside and outside, with 3.5mm, 1/8″ stereo audio hook up, iPod docking station, and wireless microphone. It is the responsibility of the client to designate qualified personnel to manage the audio program.
- 50% deposit to secure the venue
- Tables and chairs provided (inside use only)
- Linens, tableware and glassware decorations – responsible by client
- Events to end at 10:00 PM
Quarters K is equipped to a complete bar section. Alcohol may not be served to minors or anyone appearing to intoxicated. The South Carolina Alcohol Beverage and Control board requires that all alcohol must be supplied by a professional bar service with the necessary licenses and liability insurance. Upon signing this agreement, the client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of North Charleston and employees of the city from any damages, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, which may arise as result of consumption of alcoholic beverages by the client and any of the client’s guest.
It is required that all pre-approved event coordinators, caterers and bar services provide the appropriate license and insurance documentation to the City of North Charleston prior to the final review. All vendors and service contractors are responsible for clean-up and removal of their equipment, food, bar supplies and garbage.
Vendor loading area will be in the rear of the venue, they may not access the elevator for load-in, only by the outside stairs. After the load in is place then they will be required to park in the main parking area on Everglades.
Parking for guest
There is no charge for parking. If the event is at its maximum, there is the option of having passenger carts available at an additional cost. This will be determined per event and guest attendance. Please refer to map for parking.