A community’s unique identify is often drawn from its history and the culture of its people. As the City of North Charleston plans for the future it is important that it takes stock of the cultural and historic resources that are unique to the community and reflect the character of its citizens.
- The City has designated a number of historic districts, primarily around the former Navy Base and Old Village Areas
- A newly annexed tract of land is included in the Ashley River Historic District
- Are there other areas of the City that should be surveyed for potentially historic properties?
- What other resources (buildings, sites, facilities) would you note for its cultural value to the City?
- How should the City work to conserve or improve access to its cultural resources?
- Are additional amenities needed at existing sites to improve the visitor’s experience?
OR email your input to firstname.lastname@example.org