What is the Volunteer Appreciation Program?
Keep North Charleston Beautiful’s Volunteer Appreciation Program is designed to recognize the dedicated volunteers who donate their time to support the mission of Keep North Charleston Beautiful.
How do I qualify?
Volunteers earn hours by volunteering for KNCB both virtually and at the KNCB office. Simply sign in on the “KNCB Volunteer Sign-In” sheet in the KNCB office, or log your hours using this online form.
Incentives & Recognition:
- Volunteers who reach a minimum of 10 HOURS PER MONTH will receive a small thank-you gift (valued at $5 or more) at the beginning of the next month.
- Volunteers who reach a minimum of 40 HOURS PER YEAR will receive a thank-you gift valued at $25 or more. Awards will be distributed in November.
- Each year, volunteers will receive a KNCB t-shirt after they have reached a cumulative 10 HOURS for the year. (These hours do not all have to be completed in one month.)
- Keep North Charleston Beautiful is an official certifying organization for the PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD (see details below). Volunteers interested in this award should notify KNCB so that hours can be tracked appropriately.
The Fine Print
- In order to be eligible for the volunteer incentives listed above, a minimum of 50% of volunteer hours must be completed at the KNCB office.
- Yearly volunteer incentives begin on January 1 of each year and must be completed by November 1 in order to be eligible for the yearly volunteer prize.
- All volunteer incentive prizes are available on a first come, first served basis; while supplies last.
- KNCB reserves the right to discontinue the program at any time without notice.
President’s Volunteer Service Award
The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) recognizes incredible individuals who are committed to a high level of volunteer service. These individuals work tirelessly to solve some of the toughest challenges facing their communities, and their nation.
If you are interested in earning a PVSA, you must do so through a Certifying Organization. Keep North Charleston Beautiful is an official Certifying Organization.
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Must be at least five years old
- Completes eligible service within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards)
Eligible Service does not include:
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
Hours required to earn awards in each age group:
|Kids (5-10 years old)
|Young Adults (16-25)
For additional information regarding volunteer eligibility, please click here for more information from the Corporation for National & Community Service.