The South Carolina Department of Insurance, the City of North Charleston and Senator Marlon Kimpson will host a Catastrophe Claims Center in North Charleston, SC Wednesday, October 14, 2015 to assist consumers with their insurance questions and claims resulting from the torrential rain and flood event over the past several days.
“We encourage anyone that has experienced property damage from the storm to come out to the center so that we may assist them in their claims process and help them recover as quickly as possible,” said Ray Farmer, Director of the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
South Carolina Department of Insurance staff will be available to assist and answer questions and will be joined by FEMA and many of the major insurance companies covering the property and automobiles damaged in this event.
South Carolina Department of Insurance Catastrophe Claims Center
Wednesday, October 14, 2015: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
North Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center
5000 Coliseum Drive
North Charleston, SC 29418
(at the corner of International Blvd. and Emmett I. Davis Jr. Ave.)
- South Carolina Department of Insurance
- South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce
- SC Thrive
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Independent Agents and Brokers of South Carolina
- Nationwide Insurance Company
- South Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company
- South Carolina Insurance News Service
- State Auto Insurance Companies
- State Farm Insurance Company
- St. Johns Insurance Company
For additional information regarding this release please contact Ann Roberson, 803-737-6207. Please visit the South Carolina Department of Insurance website, www.doi.sc.gov, for additional post disaster insurance information or call the Department’s Office of Consumer Services at 1-800-768-3467 or 803-737-6180 Monday through Thursday (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. and Fridays (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)