The City of North Charleston Police, Fire, Code Enforcement and Building Departments announce its second Citizens Public Safety Academy program. The program, which begins on May 14, 2014, is designed to bring awareness to the many aspects of public safety.
The Citizens Public Safety Academy is designed to foster better communication between citizens of North Charleston and public safety professionals. During the 11 week program citizens will get an inside look at what Police Officers, Firefighters, Code Enforcement Officers and Building Inspectors encounter on a daily basis. The Citizens Public Safety Academy will be held two times a year (February to April, and May to July).
- Police (Emergency Response, Laws, Arrests, Search & Seizure and Use of Force
- Fire (Emergency Response, Fire Fighting and Inspections
- Code Enforcement (Health and Sanitation)
- Building Department (Building Inspections, Permits and Property Maintenance)
- Additional Course Information
Applications for the Academy
(also available in person at NCPD Training Unit, 2nd floor City Hall)
For more information citizens can call (843) 740-2648.