On June 6, 2022, Republic Services began collecting curbside recyclables throughout Charleston County. The county-wide change includes expanding collection days from four days a week to five days. Only specific areas will be impacted by the schedule change. Later this month, Charleston County residents who are affected will receive a postcard in the mail with new collection date information.
Confirm your pickup date by entering your address here: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/environmental-management/recnewsletter.php
Common frequently asked questions:
- Do I need to order a new cart?
- Residents do not need to order a new cart. Republic will continue to service the current 95-gallon recycling carts and deliver carts to new customers.
- What type of recyclables will be accepted?
- Who do I contact about missed pickups, new carts, cart repairs and questions about recycling?
- All customer service contacts remain the same. Residents can contact Charleston County using the following methods:
- Phone: (843)720-7111
- Email: [email protected]
- Text Citibot: 843-800-4121
- Facebook: @charlestoncountyenvironmentalmanagement
For more information on the change in collections operations: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/environmental-management/recnewsletter.php
Curbside Tips for Successful Pick-up:
- All recyclable carts must be placed curbside the night before or by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Everything must fit inside the carts in order to be collected.
- Place the roll carts curbside with handles pointed toward your home, at least three feet from other fixed objects, such as mailboxes, vehicles, trees, shrubs, fire hydrants, poles, etc.
- Recycling carts are for clean, un-bagged recyclables only.
- Items too big for your cart? Self-haul to a Convenience Center for disposal.