The 45th Sertoma Football Classic is set to kick off next month, and, for the first time, the two day Jamboree will feature powder puff games for girls. Powder Puff teams from Military Magnet, Garrett Academy of Technology, North Charleston High, Stall High, Ft. Dorchester High, and Hanahan High will take to the field on August 13 and 14th.
The Powder Puff League is another initiative sponsored by the Police and Recreation Department in conjunction with the Police’s Cops Athletic Program. Teams are coached by NCPD Officers who were former football players in high school and college.
Captain Terrell Palmer, COPS Athletic Program coordinator said, “In addition to being a game of fun, the games will introduce the players to team work, character building, and professional development.”
The COPS Athletic Program is designed to offer youth the opportunity to interact with police officers in a positive setting.
2015 CT Lowndes & Co Sertoma Football Classic
Johnson Hagood Stadium
Aug. 13 & 14, 2015
Gates open at 4:30 p.m., games start at 5:30 p.m.
Match Ups for Thursday, Aug. 13
- Ridge Christian vs Faith Christian
- Baptist Hill vs. Stall
- Baptist Hill vs. Lincoln
- Powder Puff Game 1
- Powder Puff Game 2
- North Charleston vs. First Baptist
- Military Magnet vs. Palmetto Christian
- Northwoods vs. Garrett
- Cane Bay vs. Bishop England
- West Ashley vs. St. Johns
- Stratford vs. Hanahan
Match Ups for Friday, August 14
- St. John’s Christian vs. Coastal Christian
- Academic Magnet vs. Pinewood
- Colleton County vs. Burke
- Powder Puff Game 3
- Powder Puff Game 4/Play-off
- Berkeley vs. James Island
- Wando vs. Porter Gaud
- Ashley Ridge vs. Woodland
- Goose Creek vs. Timberland
- Ft. Dorchester vs. Summerville