Emergency Management Departments around the region have been very busy preparing internal and external customers in recent days. I would like to share some of the items keeping us busy:
- The City of North Charleston EPC and Amy Heath in the Mayor’s office will be hosting Emergency Preparedness Training for hoteliers that are located in the City of North Charleston.
- March 11: SC Severe Weather Awareness Week: Tornado Drill at 9:00AM
- March 11: The City of North Charleston and Dorchester County EMD hosted Damage Assessment Training for all employees responsible for assessing damage during an event. The “New” Wescott Ball Park was the host site and boy does that place make me proud. Thanks to the North Charleston Recreation Department, Dorchester County EM, SCEMD, and all those attending. (Photo attached)
- March 11: The City of North Charleston employees assigned to the Emergency Operations Center attended and will be attending over the next couple of weeks EOC Training hosted by Charleston County EMD. (Photo attached)
- March 5: The City of North Charleston Emergency Preparedness Coordinator (EPC) attended the Neighborhood Presidents meeting and spoke about being prepared in “any” event along with other items pertaining to emergency preparedness.
- March 5: The City of North Charleston Police Department participated in the Hurricane Deployment Drill (Vigilante Guard) along with the SCDPS.
The weather is starting to warm up and the days are a little longer, but please take a few minutes during this busy and exciting times to review your plans on “what will I do” if an disaster hits.
As always, the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator and the City of North Charleston are committed to assisting local and private partners in preparing for disasters. Our ability to respond and recover from disasters will require effort from all of us.
Please pass this information on to others including friends, family, civic associations, church members and others that you think need to be PREPARED!
Don’t wait to get prepared!