This program promotes free competition and equal opportunity. The City of North Charleston, through its Mayors Office and Procurement Department, is committed to assisting small, disadvantaged, and minority businesses located in the Tri-County area of South Carolina (Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley Counties).
Applications are now available for small, disadvantaged, and minority business to apply for certification. Once your application and documentation has been approved, your business will be added to our Certified SDMB list of vendors.
Staff will educate, inform, encourage, and assist small, disadvantaged and minority businesses located within the Tri-County area to participate and compete in the City’s Procurement program.
Certification will allow your company to receive maximum exposure to the public procurement process, as well as ensure that your company is included in all training, networking, and development opportunities.
To be certified as an SDMB, your business will:
- Have an annual gross sales volume not exceeding $500,000
- Be actively managed and controlled on a day-to-day basis by the owner(s)
- Have been in operation for at least one year
- Have a current North Charleston Business License
What Certification Can Mean to Your Small Business
- Mandatory quotes will be solicited from SDMB vendors on procurements between $1,500 and $50,000
- SDMB vendors contact information will be given to Contractors for projects of $50,000 and above
- Technical assistance
- Workshops, seminars and training programs to assist business owners in the competition process
SDMB Certification Procedures
- Complete the City of North Charleston certification application
- Supply the supporting documentation required
2500 City Hall Lane
North Charleston SC 29406