Application Process for Tree Removal
Process begins in the Zoning Department, which will need the following information to issue a permit
- Building application filled with completed information (owner’s name, owner’s contact information, and contractor’s name, contractor’s information signed and dated).
- Approval letter from homeowner’s association/civic league/architectural review board, if applicable
- Identify the trees proposed from removal with appropriate markings (i.e. ribbon)
- A Zoning Inspector will come do an inspection of the tree and if needed have the Urban Forester also inspect
- After the inspection an email will be sent either approving or denying the application
The following is needed to pick up permit.
- Photo ID
- Property address/ ID #
- Proposal/ contract with a detailed scope of work including the cost of materials and labor work.
- Authorization letter – A letter of consent giving a contractor/ agent permission to pull permits for the owner or contractor.
Please contact Cheryl Fuller in Planning and Zoning at 843-740-2627 with any questions
THE CITY OF NORTH CHARLESTON DOES NOT PICK UP TRASH GENERATED BY CONTRACTORS, LANDSCAPERS, BUSINESSES, OR OTHER NON-RESIDENTIAL TRASH GENERATORS. ACCORDINGLY, AT THE CONCLUSION OF ANY PROJECT THE PERMITTEE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THE REMOVAL OF ANY DEBRIS GENERATED.