Plumbing Permit Process
*Process begins in the Building Department.
You must fill out a plumbing application completed in full owner’s name, owner’s contact information, and contractor’s name, contractor’s information, contractor’s state license.
Contractor will need the following
- A completed Plumbing Permit Application
- Photo ID
- State contractors card
- Property address ( need suite or apt # if property is a multi-unit)
- Proposal/ contract with a detailed scope of work including the cost of materials and labor work
- If they are not the license holder a letter giving them authorization to pull permit under that contractors name
- Proof of ownership/Landlord consent
- Master permit if applicable
- How many fixtures, water and sewer
If State Contractor license is expired no permits can be issued. If local contractor’s card has expired a fee of $40.00 will be added to the permit and a new card will be given.
Plumbing Permit Fees
|Application Filing Fee||$30.00 (Non-refundable)|
|Each Plumbing Fixture||$3.50|
|Each house sewer (new/repair)||$6.00|
|Each septic tank/seepage tank or drainfield||$6.00|
|Each water heater and/or vent||$3.50|
|For installation or alteration or repair of water piping and/or water treating equipment||$6.00|
|For repair or alteration of drainage or vent piping||$6.00|
|For vacuum breakers or backflow protection devices one to five each.||$3.50|
For inspections contact appropriate inspectors located on Building Department Staff Directory.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am -9:00 am for the same day inspections
- Monday – Thursday 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm for the next day inspections
Types of Inspections
- Slab – Prior to building slab
- Rough – pressure test per (section 312 of IPC or Section P2503 or IRC)
- Sewer – Leave uncovered until after inspection
Posting of Permit
Work requiring a permit shall not commence until the permit holder or his agents posts the permit card inside a permit box in a conspicuous place on the premise. The permit shall be protected from weather and located in such position as to permit the Building Official or representative to conveniently make the required entries thereon. No work can be done until a permit is issued. The permit cards shall be maintained in position by permit holder until the certificate of Occupancy or Completion is issued by the Building Official. Inspection(s) will not be done by an inspector if the job site is missing permit drawings and a permit box.
The following are required inspections: If an inspection is not called for whether rough, final, etc. you are subject to lose City or State license. This includes all new construction, renovations and roof work (must provide a ladder).
The permit holder must call in his/her own inspections unless an authorization letter has been sent prior to the Building Department from the sub-contractors/ owner giving general contractor the okay to call in their work.