Mechanical Permit Process
Only a licensed classified Plumber/ Mechanical Contractor/ Homeowner or Residential Home Builder can obtain a mechanical permit.
Please attach the following information below with the application
- Homeowners Association approval if applicable
Contractor will need the following
- Mechanical application ID # and/or address
- Photo I.D.
- Contractors card
- Property Address ( if multi -units need to know suites, lot and apt#)
- Signed contract indicating scope of work, materials and labor
- Letter of authorization to pull permit if you are not the Contractor listed on Contractors card or owner of the property
- Need to know if this is a New unit/ change out
- Master permit # if applicable
If State Contractor license is expired no permits can be issued. If local contractor’s card has expired a fee of $40.00 will be added to the permit and a new card will be given.
Mechanical Permit Fees
|Application Filing Fee||$30.00 (Non-refundable)|
|Heating, Ventilating Duct||$10.00 for the first $1,000 of value and $2.00 for each additional $1,000 of value or fraction thereof.|
|Boiler Based on BTU input:||33,000BTU (1BHP) to
165,000 (5 BHP) – $5.00165,000 BTU (5 BHP) to
330,000 (10 BHP) – $10.00
330,001 BTU (10 BHP) to
For inspections contact appropriate inspectors located on Building Department Staff Directory.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am -9:00 am for the same day inspections
- Monday – Thursday 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm for the next day inspections
Types of Inspections
Posting of Permit
Work requiring a permit shall not commence until the permit holder or his agents posts the permit card inside a permit box in a conspicuous place on the premise. The permit shall be protected from weather and located in such position as to permit the Building Official or representative to conveniently make the required entries thereon. No work can be done until a permit is issued. The permit cards shall be maintained in position by permit holder until the certificate of Occupancy or Completion is issued by the Building Official. Inspection(s) will not be done by an inspector if the job site is missing permit drawings and a permit box.
The permit holder must call in his/her own inspections unless an authorization letter has been sent prior to the Building Department from the sub-contractors/ owner giving general contactor the okay to call in their work.