- Building application must be submitted online
- Accurate and scaled plot (site) plan that shows the location of property lines, (existing and proposed ) setbacks and (existing and proposed) building structures on property, parking spaces
- Providing an easement (existing) and an easement permit, if applicable
- Submittal $500.00 Performance bond
- Proof of Liability insurance
- Electrical Permit
- Business License
Required Documents to Obtain Permits
- Building Application Tracking ID # and /or address
- Photo ID
- Landlord Consent
- Signed Contract indicating scope of work, cost of materials and labor
- Master Permit if applicable
For inspections contact appropriate inspectors located on Building Department Staff Directory.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am -9:00 am for the same day inspections
- Monday – Thursday 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm for the next day inspections
- Final – Building (843-740-2565, 2561,2653, 2532, 2534)
- Final – Electrical (843-740-2563)
- Final – Fire (843-740-2622)
- Final- Zoning (843-740-2582)
Posting of Permit
Work requiring a permit shall not commence until the permit holder or his agents posts the permit card inside a permit box in a conspicuous place on the premise. The permit shall be protected from weather and located in such position as to permit the Building Official or representative to conveniently make the required entries thereon. No work can be done until a permit is issued. The permit cards shall be maintained in position by permit holder until the certificate of Occupancy or Completion is issued by the Building Official. Inspection(s) will not be done by an inspector if the job site is missing permit drawings and a permit box.
The following are required inspections: If an inspection is not called for whether rough, final, etc. you are subject to lose City of State license. This includes all new construction, renovations and roof work (must provide a ladder).
The permit holder must call in his/her own inspections unless an authorization letter has been sent prior to the Building Department from the sub-contractors/ owner giving them the okay to call in their work.
Certificate of Completion will be issued after:
- All final inspections are completed.
- All Re-inspection fees are paid.
- A list of all sub-contractors is submitted.
- Landscaping inspection completed by Zoning Department.
- Fire Inspections Completed by Fire Department