Application Process for Accessory use
Accessory uses are defined in section 4-8
(to include sheds, garage, pools, playhouse, etc.)
Please attach the following information below with the application for review
- Building application must be submitted online. Please fill out completely.
- Accurate and scaled Plot (site)plan that reflects the proposed building, driveways, a/c units, steps, porches, patios, drainage easements, property lines and building (existing and proposed) setbacks (including roof overhangs, property and side corners) along with protected tress 8” diameter at the breast height dbh or greater is required.If sidewalks were shown on the final plat at the subject site, please show them on the site plan.Please indicate the building height. Example: Building height 25 ft.
- Homeowners/ civic league/ architectural review board approval letter if applicable
- Drawings/ Prebuilt drawings with tie down kit. If foundation will be used we will need to know the depth and width
Required Documents to Obtain Permits
- Building Application ID# and/or address
- Photo ID
- Landlord Consent
- Letter of Authorization to pull permits if you are not the Contractor listed on Contractor Card
- Signed Contract indicating scope of work, cost of materials and labor
- Master permit is applicable
Posting of Permit
Work requiring a permit shall not commence until the permit holder or his agents posts the permit card inside a permit box in a conspicuous place on the premise. The permit shall be protected from weather and located in such position as to permit the Building Official or representative to conveniently make the required entries thereon. No work can be done until a permit is issued. The permit cards shall be maintained in position by permit holder until the certificate of Occupancy or Completion is issued by the Building Official. Inspection(s) will not be done by an inspector if the job site is missing permit drawings and a permit box.
The permit holder must call in his/her own inspections unless an authorization letter has been sent prior to the Building Department from the sub-contractors/ owner giving general contactor the okay to call in their work.
For inspections contact appropriate inspectors located on Building Department Staff Directory.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am -9:00 am for the same day inspections
- Monday – Thursday 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm for the next day inspections
Types of Inspections
- Footing– Inspected by Building Department prior to any concrete pour.
- Slab– After any plumbing and electrical slab inspections
- Floor Framing- Prior to sheathing
- Rough– After sub trades have had their rough inspection
- Sheathing– After rough inspection and prior to insulation inspection
- Insulation– After insulation is put in place