Documents Required for Residential Certificate of Occupancy/ Certificate of Completion
Certificate of Completion
- Sub – contractor List
- Final Building/ Zoning Inspection
- Re inspection Fees ( if builder or sub-contractors acquire any re inspection fees doing the project)
Certificate of Occupancy (New Construction)
- Sub – Contractor List
- Finished Floor Elevation Certificate
- Gypsum Board Letter
- Revision Letter
- Roofing Letter
- Dorchester County Impact Fee( if applicable)
- Elevation Certificate ( if property is Located in a Flood Zone)
- PDF- (drawings /plans)(mandatory for the Building Dept. retention)
- Truss Drawings (if trusses was used)
- Final Building/Zoning Inspection
- All Re Inspection fees paid (if the builder or the sub -contractors have acquired any re- inspection fees during the project)
Documents Required for Commercial Certificate of Occupancy/Certification of Completion
Certificate of Occupancy/ Completion will be issued after:
- All final inspections (building, fire, sign, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, gas, etc.,) are completed.
- All Re-inspection fees are paid.
- A list of all sub-contractors is submitted.
- Landscaping inspection completed by Zoning Department.
- Fire Inspections Completed by Fire Department
- Submit report of special inspections completion schedule (7) provided on disc.
Certificate of Occupancy (New Construction, Addition, more than 50% of work was performed)
- Sub-Contractor List ( should be attached with permit package)
- Finished Floor ( should be attached with permit package)
- Revision Letter ( should be attached with permit package)
- Dorchester County Impact Fee ( if applicable) ( Only Apartment Building- $ 2500.00)
- Sewer Inspection Approval
- Energy Efficiency certificate -COM CHECK ( usually provided up front)
- Post Compliance Statement ( Signed by Contractor/Engineered)( Electrical/Mechanical)
- Special Inspection on CD( if applicable)
- Final MS4 (closeout letter) from Public Works Dept.
- Roofing Letter ( letter provided by the roofer)
- Elevation Certificate ( if property is located in flood zone)
- PDF’s ( architectural and engineered drawing must be on file)
- Truss Drawings ( if applicable)
- As Builts
- Final Fire, Zoning, Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, Mechanical and Sign(s) Inspection