HomeConstruction and DevelopmentCertificate of Occupancy

Certificate of Occupancy


Documents Required for Residential Certificate of Occupancy/ Certificate of Completion

Certificate of Completion

    • Sub – contractor List
    • Final Building/ Zoning Inspection
    • Re inspection Fees ( if builder or sub-contractors acquire any re inspection fees doing the project)

Certificate of Occupancy (New Construction)

    • Sub – Contractor List
    • Finished Floor Elevation Certificate
    • Gypsum Board Letter
    • Revision Letter
    • Roofing Letter
    • Dorchester County Impact Fee( if applicable)
    • Elevation Certificate ( if property is Located in a Flood Zone)
    • PDF- (drawings /plans)(mandatory for the Building Dept. retention)
    • Truss Drawings (if trusses was used)
    • Final Building/Zoning Inspection
    • All Re Inspection fees  paid (if the builder or the sub -contractors have acquired any re- inspection fees during the project)


Documents Required for Commercial Certificate of Occupancy/Certification of Completion

Certificate of Occupancy/ Completion will be issued after:

    • All final inspections (building, fire, sign, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, gas, etc.,) are completed.
    • All Re-inspection fees are paid.
    • A list of all sub-contractors is submitted.
    • Landscaping inspection completed by Zoning Department.
    • Fire Inspections Completed by Fire Department
    • Submit report of special inspections completion schedule (7) provided on disc.

Certificate of Occupancy (New Construction, Addition, more than 50% of work was performed)

    • Sub-Contractor List ( should be attached with permit package)
    • Finished Floor ( should be attached with permit package)
    • Revision Letter ( should be attached with permit package)
    • Dorchester County Impact Fee ( if applicable) ( Only Apartment Building- $ 2500.00)
    • Sewer Inspection Approval
    • Energy Efficiency certificate  -COM CHECK ( usually provided up front)
    • Post Compliance Statement ( Signed by Contractor/Engineered)( Electrical/Mechanical)
    • Special Inspection on CD( if applicable)
    • Final MS4 (closeout letter) from Public Works Dept.
    • Roofing Letter ( letter provided by the roofer)
    • Elevation Certificate ( if property is located in flood zone)
    • PDF’s ( architectural and engineered drawing must be on file)
    • Truss Drawings ( if applicable)
    • As Builts
    • Final Fire, Zoning, Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, Mechanical  and Sign(s) Inspection