Accommodations Tax Grants are provided through revenue received by the City for its share of the 2% lodging tax levied by the State of South Carolina.
These monies can only be used for activities related to tourism, including:
- advertising and promotion of tourism
- promotion of the arts and cultural events
- support for facilities where civic and cultural activities take place
- additional health, safety and public services for tourists
- transportation shuttles
- visitor information centers
- waterfront erosion control and repair
The funds are awarded to non‐profit organizations. An Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee, mandated by the State and composed of seven representatives of the hospitality industry, reviews applications for funding and makes recommendations to City Council for the award of these funds.
All awards will be funded by
January 1, 2021
Applications must be received by
September 25, 2020
Questions should be directed to Amy Heath, Director of Tourism, 843‐740‐5843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.