About the Department
Welcome to the North Charleston Police Department's website. My name is Eddie Driggers and I am proud to serve as Chief of Police of the State's 3rd largest city. We have developed this website to help our community and other agencies learn more about who we are and the services we provide to the citizens of North Charleston. It is my hope that what you find within the site is informative and interesting.
I believe our department's job is more than answering calls after a crime has occurred. Effective policing is working with the community to prevent crime and solve community problems. Citizen participation and residents taking ownership in neighborhood issues are key characteristics of safe and vital communities. I invite everyone in our community to be a partner in making North Charleston a GREAT place to live, work and play. You can participate by being an observant neighbor, attend your neighborhood association meetings, and stay abreast of community issues. Participate at a neighborhood school or in neighborhood activities.
Our Organizational Values are:
- To protect the life and property of our citizens
- To maintain the trust of our community through honesty, compassion and fairness
- To adhere to the highest ethical standards of personal and professional conduct
- To respect the rights of all citizens and fellow employees
- To respect our differences and recognize that diverse backgrounds bring strength to our community
- To work in partnership with our community by seeking their input, responding to their concerns and resolving problems
- To encourage innovation, creativity and positive thinking
I welcome you to join me in making North Charleston the safest city it can be.
Chief of Police