Select from the list of services on the right.
The Building Inspection Department's Mission Statement reflects its protection of life, health and property as a solemn responsibility of the highest order. Recognizing the public's trust bestowed upon individuals engaged in the administration and enforcement of building regulatory codes, the Building Department advocates its commitments to a standard of professional behavior that exemplifies the highest ideals and principles of ethical conduct.
The Building Department is responsible for the issuing of building permits both residential and commercial, new construction and renovations.
Planning Department Services
To update the Comprehensive Development Plan
To administer the Zoning, Subdivision and Street Numbering Ordinances
To maintain City Boundary Maps and Official Zoning Maps
To provide Tax Map parcel, address, zoning verification information and site plan review for persons seeking Building permits and Business licenses.
- To provide staff services for the Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals
- To maintain the Zoning Ordinance
- To improve the image of the City through beautification of City streets
- To represent the City's interest on the CHATS Study Team and to provide technical support to City Council members serving on the CHATS Policy Committee
- To maintain records relating to the operation of the Department
- To develop, implement, and monitor the City's Community Development Block Grant program.