Inspections can be requested by calling (843) 740-2569
Monday - Friday 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm for next day inspections
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 am for same day inspections
Locate the appropriate inspector to handle your request, or call the number above.
Posting of Permit
Work requiring a permit shall not commence until the permit holder or his agent posts the permit card in a conspicuous place on the premises. The permit shall be protected from the weather and located in such position as to permit the building official or representative to conveniently make the required entries thereon. This permit card shall be maintained in such position by the permit holder until the Certificate of Occupancy or Completion is issued by the building official.
The following are the required inspections: If an inspection is not called for whether rough, final, etc. you are subject to lose your city or state license. This includes all new construction, renovations and roof work (must provide ladder). All permits must be posted before work begins and remain up until work is complete.
- Footing-Prior to any concrete pour.
- Slab-After any plumbing and electrical slab inspections.
- Floor Framing-Prior to sheathing
- Rough- After subtrades have had their rough inspection.
- Sheathing-After rough inspection and prior to insulation inspection.
- Insulation-After insulation is put in place.
- Slab-Prior to Building Slab.
- Rough-Pressure test per (Section 312 of IPC or Section P2503 of IRC)
- Sewer-Leave uncovered until after inspection.
- Slab-Prior to Building Slab Inspection.
- Rough-Panel box location. Smoke Detectors per Section R317 of IRC. All kitchen countertop receptacles must be GFCI protected (per E3802.6 of IRC).
- Rough-30 inch platform on service side of A.H.U.
- Rough-Pressure test 10 16.
Certificate of Occupancy/Completion will be issued after:
- All final inspections are completed.
- Landscaping inspection completed by Planning Department.
- Fire Inspection completed by Fire Department.
- Submit report of special inspection completion schedule (7) provide on disc.